Friday, April 7, 2017

Blyth Never Said That {poem}

Blyth Never Said That

the fitting room was too small
I had tried on 7 dresses
none of them
were working.
I left target, leaving my starbucks half empty on the dressing room floor
and so what I thought
banging through the exit of the store

sitting on the curb of the parking lot
I applied another coat of nailpolish
my uber driver said he couldn't find me
and left

it was going to be dark soon and target
security kept asking me questions
about the dressing room
"no, I don't know why the dresses in the changing room are all torn up"
"no, I didn't throw coffee over all the walls"
"no I don't think that's a puddle of blood in the corner"

it was time to go, they'd figure it out soon enough
I made my way across the street to
an auto repair shop.
and somehow managed to startup
old orange van with a for sale sign in the windsheild

more glitter and nail polish at
the intersection of jefferson & venice

I haven't responded to her text in over 36 hours
the cops will be
looking for me soon
the orange van has a bed
and a sink
I pull over near the salton sea
to drink water from the
little sink. I curl my toes
against the shag carpet and dance to music on
pandora

Cornelius said there was
enough mescaline left over at the Library
I arrived to late and didn't want to
wake her
the mescaline was in a wine bottle with
a post it attached that read "DRINK ME"
I did

and passed out in the back of the
orange van
the pink stars threatened eternity
in the aqua sky
I wrote a poem on my
bicep with yellow marker
and shaved my head with the side
of a broken bottle

tomorrow
at the dollar tree I'll pick up
top ramen, colored ballons and a few
cans of 50c beer.



~ echo.syszygy


No comments:

Post a Comment