Tuesday, January 10, 2017

bomb threat at work

nothing really adventurous happening. well actually, I almost forgot - we had a bomb threat at my job yesterday. I was driving into work and noticed traffic was being routed a different way and that the side streets were flooded with cars. so I made my way through a back alley thinking I would avert the traffic but low and behold everyone else saw the empty alley and went down it. so I guess it was first for getting stuck in a traffic jam in alley. I made it out of the alley after 30 minutes and continued to work and saw that the police department had all the major streets and intersections closed off. and in the middle of all the roads was my building. so naturally I try to take another side street to slip passed the horrendous traffic but was stopped by a cop who was having none of my shenanigans. he told me, in no polite way, to get the hell back into traffic immediately, so I did and just headed home to work remotely.

the next day I find out that the reason for the bomb threat was because one of trump's cabinet appointees has an office in our building. hence the bomb threat - nice. anyway this has given me great pause to reflect on just why the hell I continue living in L.A. between the crushing traffic, the insane housing prices, the insane people, the heat, the taxes and the 40 minute wait at In-n-Out burger drive-thru! there is very little reason to be here, albeit those reasons are as big as they could be but I really need to get the hell out of here.

anyway on to happier news: it has been raining a lot in L.A, which is really good. I love the rain and wish it would rain every day. work is going good and I finally caught that crazy-ass rat in my kitchen the other night. man, those things are smart and strong. as I write this I'm hearing a tiny mouse nibbling on something in the corner of my room...this is actually becoming an issue. like I can honestly say I live in a rat infested apartment. wwweeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment