Thursday, January 5, 2017

I want to talk about my dishes

I bought new dishes 6 months ago because I was using paper plates and plastic forks. I felt, being an adult, I should step up my game and so I bought a box with all the dishes.

They're all gone now. I don't know where they've gone to, but when I look in the cabinet to where I used to have them they are not there. I feel like they should be somewhere close like in the sink or in another cabinet, but they are not. I do not know where they are. It was gradual, like first the cups started going somewhere else, then the bowls.

But I'll be damned if I go back to buying paper plates and plastic forks again. The cashiers at the supermarket know something is up when they look at me. And they look at you like only a supermarket cashier can look at you. They make me feel a little bit insignificant about my existence on this planet. That look that says "oh goodie, another goddamn picnic".

So I won't be buying paper plates and plastic forks anymore; I'll just use my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment