Friday, January 20, 2017

l.a. rain

A wonderful cold and rainy day! I haven't seen it rain like this for years it is soo nice. right now I'm sitting in my cold room with my new christmas lights I bought on discount for 70% off. It's Friday night and I'm really just exhausted from all the inaugural crap. very sad to see Obama leave, but a new chapter must be written and, well, here we go I suppose.

I cleaned out the back bedroom where my 2 daughters were sleeping, they moved into the other room - it's like musical beds all the time. So I took Tuesday off from work and reorganized everything, cleaned and moved stuff around. there are 2 beds in the room, so I leaned upward against the wall thinking it would be temporary so that I could clean under it, but I found it was a great place to hang my new lights. so I'm leaving it up. in the corner, I stacked two plastic storage containers and pulled in an old plastic chair to make a desk, which is where I'm writing now. Overall, I like how the room looks. there still a small pile of crap I'll probably never move but I can kick it over to the corner so good enough. I kinda wished I took a before picture, but trust me when I say it was a disaster. it took me 6 hours to clean. But I really enjoyed it, it was very relaxing and after a while it was very meditative.

Anyway, there is something I love about this room, it's got a really good energy even though this room shares a wall with my neighbor who is either crying or yelling. When we first moved into this place I turned this room into my art studio. I'll see if I can get some pictures of that. now that I have the room back (at least for a little while) I've been able to tap into the energy again and have been editing my latest novel. god this book has been dragging on for 5 years and I'm really excited to finally be working on it again but damn I got to move on to other books. this feels like it's turning into my own Chinese Democracy

listening to Simo Soo right now https://soundcloud.com/simo-soo love this guy! ok, gotta get back to the rain :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment