Friday, January 13, 2017

music I've been listening to

I just discovered 2 new synth pop bands that are amazing. I was listening to the college station out here called KXLU 88.9 and on Part Time Punks the DJ was just about to sign-off when he threw out the name of a French band titled Box and The Twins. I found them on Bandcamp. They play a lot of synth pop and are totally awesome. The other is a band, I think I like more, they have a deeper synth sound and the singer is more smooth they're called Hante. So I've been listening to them a lot. They both remind me of The Cure, which by the way I need to start listening to again - I don't know why I stopped listening to them, well, actually I do - I was getting to the point where I was listening too much to them and didn't want to get sick of them but I think I'm ready for them again. So here's a list of the bands I've been listening to lately, no order:
- Box And The Twins
- Hante
- Marine Girls
- The Fall
- The Knife
- Fever Rey
- Felt
- Trisomie 21
- The Cure
- Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass
- Miles Davis
- John Coltrane
- Jeff Buckley
- Ariel Pink
- Former Ghosts
- Tom Waits
- Robert Goulet
- Chet Baker
- Jon Barba (aka Nicole Kidman)

man, there are sooo many more, but that's what I've been listening too lately. I've got a little side project I'd like to start. It's a noise band but I don't have the right equipment for it...but now that I think about it - maybe I do
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment